Follow ooh to be a Gooner on Facebook and Twitter for more latest Arsenal news, match analysis, transfer news, injury news, team news and rumours from reliable sources around the World.
Jorginho’s agent Joao Santos has confirmed that his client will remain at Stadio San Paolo in January despite interest from Arsenal.
The Napoli midfielder has been Arsene Wenger’s target since 2013-14 season during his time at Verona but the Frenchman couldn’t secure his services.
The Brazilian is currently in the best form of his football career, he is ever present in Napoli starting lineup so far this season. He is being praised by fans and pundits for his neat defensive duties and also for his wonderful long-range passes.
Arsenal who are hoping to get the player before the winter transfer window closes will now look elsewhere for another player who is willing to join the North London club.
According to to Joao, Jorginho who is currently in his homeland will be open to a move out of Napoli as soon as the summer transfer window commence. He further told reporters that the Brazilian midfielder hope to be in the Selecao’s World Cup squad so as to attract new suitors with impressive performances at the tournament which will Kick-start in the month of June in Russia.
“He is currently in Brazil and will return to Italy this weekend,” Santos said speaking to Italian website TMW.
“When it comes to the January transfer window, we’re not talking about anything. In June, and this is true of all players, we’ll see what offers arrive. From February 1, it all begins again.”
Jorginho is valued at £25.20m according to transfer markt.
In other Arsenal news, Arsenal are on course to sign Borussia Dortmund’s striker Aubameyang after the Gabonese agreed personal terms with the Gunners. The proven goalscorer has also pleaded with the Bundesliga giants to sanction his move to the Emirates stadium before the end of the month.
Follow oohtobeagooner on Facebook
for more latest Arsenal transfer news, injury news, team news and rumours.