Follow ooh to be a Gooner on Facebook and Twitter for more latest Arsenal news, match analysis, transfer news, injury news, team news and rumours from reliable sources around the World.
Arsenal have given up on signing Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar, according to reports.
The France international had been earmarked as Wenger’s top summer target but Monaco were uninterested in selling their star man.
Three bids were rejected from Arsenal by Monaco but talks between both clubs have continued, with the French side insisting they won’t sell anymore of their stars this summer.
According to the Mail via the Express, Arsene Wenger has given up on signing Lemar this summer.
Instead the manager would now concentrate on getting rid of the unwanted players in his squad.
Wenger has accepted Monaco will not let Lemar leave after losing majority of the players who helped them win the Ligue 1 last season.
The report claims Arsenal are now unlikely to bring in a new player before the transfer window closes.
Missing out on Lemar has made it imperative for Arsenal to keep Alexis Sanchez who has been linked with a move away from the club all summer.
The Chilean sparked rumors of an exit on Sunday when he posted a message on Social media from Paris and some dubious newspapers have quickly claimed he was there to hold meeting with PSG
Apparently, there is no truth about Sanchez’s move to PSG and Arsenal are relaxed about the situation, having told him he will not be sold this summer.
Wenger is also confident of keeping Ozil, with the German close to signing a new deal, while Chamberlain is the only player giving the club real concerns, after getting his head turned by interest from Chelsea and Liverpool.
Arsenal will now focus on selling the likes of Lucas Perez, Carl Jenkinson, Kieran Gibbs and Mathieu Debuchy who have been told they no longer features in the manager’s plans.
Follow oohtobeagooner on Facebook
for more latest Arsenal transfer news, injury news, team news and rumours.