Arsenal, Liverpool & Tottenham Tracking Unsettled Serie A Star As Contract Talks Stalls.

Juventus attacking midfielder Sebastian Giovinco is considering a move from the Turin at the expiration of his contract by next summer.

The 27-year old Italian International has not been a regular in the squad for the three-time Scudetton scoopers over the years, despite auspicious signs earlier in his career. His impressions a couple of years ago had put him on the spotlight as one of the players tipped to lead the Juventus of today, but on the contrary, the team has been built around major imports like youngster Paul Pogba, and veterans like Andrea Pirlo. Giovinco has fallen further below in the pecking order with the acquisition of Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid, adding to the competition he already had to displace Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente.

Tottenham and Liverpool are said to be keeping track of the player’s contract situation, with the player yet to open negotiations with the club over an extension or the terms of a new deal. In the face of a non-improvement this season under new manager Masimilliano Allegri, the diminutive forward has began to ponder the road map for his future, at or away from the club.

“There are things to evaluate and at the end of the year, I will consider whether or not to continue with Juve”, Giovinco said.

“The season has just started, we’ve only played eight games, so we’ll see as time goes on”.

Of those eight games this season, Giovinco has only appeared in 3, without a goal, having been booked in their recent 1 – 0 defeat in the Champions League away to last year’s finalists Athletico Madrid. In contrast, Tevez has played 7 games, with 8 goals while Llorente has featured in all of the 8 games, though he is still yet to break his duck for the season. Young summer acquisition, Alvaro Morata, who was sent off in Juve’s blockbuster victory over Roma last Sunday has made twice as many appearances as Giovinco, with one goal to show. It goes to show how much the Italian has been regarded, hence, prompting his decision to think his situation over.

His agent, Andrea D’Amico, seems to want Juve to make a new offer to the player as there’ll be no transfer fee to be negotiated if a new club were to be interested in his client come next summer.

D’Amico said: “I do not understand how Marotta and Juventus could decide to lose a fantastic player like Giovinco for free”

The statement booms of both despair and hope for a turn-around, as it seems all but assured that the fast-paced player will be headed for the exit door at the end of this campaign, thereby opening the door for Arsenal to pounce. Juve might be willing to listen to offers in January if they already feel at ease to cast him out.

Follow oohtobeagooner on Facebook and Twitter for more latest Arsenal transfer news, injury news, team news and rumours.
Loading...