Follow ooh to be a Gooner on Facebook and Twitter for more latest Arsenal news, match analysis, transfer news, injury news, team news and rumours from reliable sources around the World.
Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright has claimed there is no accountability for players at the club under the leadership of Arsene Wenger and that he cannot see the Frenchman continue at the Emirates Stadium next season.
Wenger has come under renewed fire from pundits and Arsenal fans after the Gunners crashed to a 3-0 defeatagainst Manchester City in the Carabao Cup final at Wembley on 25 February.
Wright said it was unfair to put the blame for the cup final debacle on Wenger alone and added that the Frenchman had been let down by the players “on many occasions”.
“It’s really quite poor how it ended up on Sunday, in a final, I don’t know what the boys can do now to repay the faith that the manager has shown in them. I think they’ve let him down on many occasions, and they did again on Sunday,” the former Gunners striker told Sky Sports.
“The resignation you could feel in the players at 2-0, you felt they couldn’t believe they could get back into it, and for a final that is pretty hard to watch. I think that, for me, they’re not doing it for the manager.
“There’s no accountability, as I’ve said on a few occasions. No matter which player seems to come in, they seem to slip into this comfortable style, with no accountability.”
“It’s really difficult to make a case for him, the way they’re performing this season.”
It is believed the Frenchman could be asked to walk away before the end of his contract in 2019.
Follow oohtobeagooner on Facebook
for more latest Arsenal transfer news, injury news, team news and rumours.